National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation.
NABH is an acronym for National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. NABH was established in year 2006.
Under NABH following Accreditation Program are going on
- Allopathic Clinics
- AYUSH Hospitals (Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Yoga naturopathy)
- Blood Banks
- Dental Facilities
- Medical Imaging Services
- Medical Laboratory Programme
- OST Centre(Oral substitution therapy)
- PHC/CHC Accreditation(primary health centers/community health centers)
- Small Healthcare Organisations
- Wellness Centre
Benefits of Accreditation
Accreditation benefits all stake holders. Patients are the biggest beneficiary. Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety. The patients get services by credential medical staff. Rights of patients are respected and protected. Patient satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
Accreditation to a health care organisation stimulates continuous improvement. It enables the organisation in demonstrating commitment to quality care. It raises community confidence in the services provided by the health care organisation. It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
Now we are following 3rd Edition of NABH standard which contains 10 Chapters, 102 Standards and 636 Objective elements. Chapters are as follows
- Access Assessment and Continuity of Care (AAC)
- Care of Patient(COP)
- Management of Medication(MOM)
- Patient Right and Responsibilities(PRE)
- Hospital Infection Control(HIC)
- Continuous Quality Improvement(CQI)
- Responsibilities of Management(ROM)
- Facility Management and Safety(FMS)
- Human Resource Management(HRM)
- Information Management System(IMS)